Among others, Democratic Club of Santa Maria Valley members Terri Zuniga and Vibiana Saavedra, will be honored for their outstanding leadership. For 15 years, SBCAN has been working to protect our environment and the rights of all of our county’s residents. Now, this work is more important than ever.
Each year we recognize individuals, businesses or organizations that work selflessly to these ends during our North County “Looking Forward” Awards Dinner & Fundraiser. These awards help encourage this good work to continue. The dinner also helps raise the funds we need to keep doing our part.
Please join us in honoring outstanding community leaders by becoming a sponsor of the dinner or by placing a Greeting in our Tribute Book.
The dinner will be held on Sunday, June 11 at 5 p.m. at the Radisson Hotel, 3455 Skyway Drive, Santa Maria.
This year’s award recipients are:
• Terri Zuniga, “Looking Forward” Award, for strong leadership and vision in community building, civic engagement, and improving the quality of life in our community.
• Rona Barrett, Giving Back to the Community Award, for giving back selflessly to the community through volunteer activities and community projects.
• Ann & Rob Glasgow, Working Families Award, for helping to provide education, health care, nutrition, recreation and cultural services and opportunities to working families.
• Vibiana Saavedra, Social Justice Award, for promoting fairness, tolerance, equality, respect and compassion for all people in our community.
• Alma Hernandez, Environmental Protection & Sustainability Award, for valuing, protecting, and preserving our natural resources and environment.
Your sponsorship will reflect your commitment to the community and to those who have served it with such dedication. You will also benefit from significant publicity through our media promotions, public acknowledgements and Tribute Book, helping to connect you with our friends and members throughout the county.
If purchased by June 4, tickets are $70/person, or $65 for SBCAN members.
Tickets purchased after June 4 are $75 for members and non-members.