Return to SIGN HEALTHCARE
MEDICARE FOR ALL
The Affordable Care Act may be temporarily safe from GOP attack, but it still has problems that need to be solved, and Republicans will continue to chip away at the negatives to pass their own devastating bill. Democrats suffered in the 2016 election because they didn’t address and fix the problems.
Even if the ACA remains intact under Trump’s Republican Party, the Congressional Budget Office predicts that 28 million Americans will remain uninsured, a disproportionate number of whom are people of color. And millions more will continue to struggle with sky-high deductibles and co-pays that they can’t afford.
Democrats have a choice to make. They can do the bidding of corporate donors, or they can offer voters a real alternative that would provide universal access, reduce consumer costs and create a healthier country for everyone.
Permanent link to this article: https://santamariademocrats.info/petitions/healthcare/medicare-for-all/
In this section
DCSMV meets the third Thursday of every month.
IHOP Restaurant, 202 S. Nicholson Ave. Santa Maria, 93454 (Freeway 101 and East Main Street)
GUESTS ARE WELCOME.
6:00 p.m. Social time and dinner (IHOP menu)
7:00 – 7:35 p.m. scheduled speakers.
DEMOCRATS: 7:40 p.m. General business meeting.
Call for office hours 1-805- 349-2708.
Headquarters at 327 E. Plaza Drive, #2, Santa Maria, CA 93454. Email us at Mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
2017-2018 Club Officers and Committee Chairpersons, see Home tab About Us, Club Officers. Leave name, phone number and messages on office phone.
JOIN OUR CLUB, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
2020 CALIFORNIA CALENDAR FOR PRIMARY AND GENERAL ELECTIONS:
PRIMARY ELECTION, Tuesday, March 3, 2020:
“Voter Information Guides” mailed Jan 23 through Feb 11, 2020
– First Day Vote-By-Mail Ballots will be mailed Monday, February 3, 2020
– Close of Registration Monday, February 17, 2020
GENERAL ELECTION, Tuesday, November 3, 2020:
– First Day Vote-By-Mail Ballots will be mailed Monday, October 5, 2020
– Close of Registration Monday, October 19, 2020
Events with links to details.
- DCSMV General Meeting, Thursday, January 16, 2020. January 15, 2020
- Women’s March SMV, Saturday, January 18, 2020, 10 am – 2 pm. Kids welcome! January 15, 2020
- Democratic Presidential candidate debate Tuesday, January 14, 2020. January 13, 2020
- 2020 California Election Calendar January 3, 2020
- HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM DCSMV! December 31, 2019
- 2020 Election News
- 1 – Local ballot Seats up for re-election in 2020
- 2 – 2020 Democratic Presidential Candidates
- 3 – Important notice for “No Party Preference” voters in the California March 3, 2020 Primary Election
- 4 – 2020 Election Calendar in California
- 5 – Do you know your Representatives?
- 6 – Who will be on the Santa Barbara County March 3, 2020 qualified candidate list?
- 7 – 2019 CA Democratic Party State Convention Endorsements
- A Registration and Voting Guide
- Do you know your Representatives?
- Members Login
- Page Search Menu
- 1 Welcome to our DCSMV multilingual website.
- About Us, Hours & location, JOIN OUR CLUB, Meeting calendar, Election results
- 1. Contact Us
- 2. Join DCSMV Membership Form
- 3. Calendar of Club Meetings
- 4. Club Officers
- 5. Club Constitution and Bylaws
- 6. Club Service Area
- 7. Welcome Message, Mission Statement, Our Values, History
- 8. S. B. County Democratic Party Platform 2018
- Club Past and Future Events
- ELECTION RESULTS November 6, 2018
- Other Santa Barbara County Democratic Clubs
- CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTATIVES
- 115th Congress – All States
- 2018 local Election Results
- CITY OF GUADALUPE REPRESENTATIVES
- CITY OF SANTA MARIA REPRESENTATIVES
- OTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
- Our STATE OF CALIFORNIA REPS- Governor, Senate, Assembly
- Our U. S. CONGRESS REPS-Senate and House
- SANTA BARBARA COUNTY SUPERVISORS
- WHITE HOUSE
- Democratic Party and other progressive websites.
- California Democratic Links
- Current News DCCC, Santa Barbara County Democratic Party, Local Democratic Clubs, Facebook, and Information Websites
- Other Democratic Party Links:
- Progressive Links
- Is Climate Change real?
- Local Newspaper Editor links
- Mueller Report
- Oil Proposals in Santa Barbara County
- Other Organizations Supported
- RESIST!! BE INVOLVED!
- 1 GUN CONTROL NOW!
- 27 National Monuments to protect
- 750 new Oil Wells proposed in Cat Canyon!!!
- BOYCOTT BUSINESSES
- CA Ban Fracking on California Central Coast
- Climate Change is a Survival Issue
- Climate change isn’t just political
- Corporations are NOT People
- DARK MONEY DONORS LISTS
- Update – AB 398 Passed July 2017. NO on AB 398 Cap & Trade
- SMV Dem Club Past and Future Events
- The Trump-Ukraine Inquiry Impeachment Report (PDF)
- TOPICS MENU
- Democrat’s “Better Deal” for ALL Americans
- REPORT A SUSPICIOUS OIL LEAK OR SPILL
- S.B. County Youth Resource Guide, Other 2-1-1 County Services
- U.S. Government Websites
- Voting Rights Act of 1965
- What is the Green New Deal?
- “Individually we are one drop. Together we are an ocean. ” – Ryunosuke Satoro
- Unity is Strength
- 1 Quick contact reference MOC’s
- 2 Assemblyman contact
- 3 Complete Directory of U.S. Congress
- AB-14/& SB 651 Fight Dark Money
- AB-165 Gov. search devices
- AB-424 Close loophole on firearms
- H.R. 356 Examine Russian interference
- H.R. 496 Protect immigrants
- H.R. 676 Single Payer Health Care Bill
- S 1460 Vote NO
- SB-30 Contracts for the Wall
- SB562 Health Care For All
- UPDATE – BILL PASSED AND SIGNED INTO LAW. NO on AB 398
- UPDATE-PASSED Sept 2017. SB54 CA Values Act, Sanctuary state
- YES ON HR 3671. Federal.
- 2) YES ON HR 3671
- 750 New Oil Wells proposed in Santa Barbara County. STOP!!
- CA A.G. Becerra and Exxon
- CA Stop Water Aquifer Exemptions. Protect California’s Water.
- CARRIZO PLAIN Central Coast PROTECT
- Elizabeth Warren, Condemn Trump Paris Agreement Withdrawal
- Greenpeace Petition EPA cuts
- No to U.S. Banks funding Keystone XL
- Protect 27 National Monuments
- Protect the Clean Power Plan to Fight Climate Change
- Renewable Energy 100%
- S 1460 REJECT the Trump-McConnell Dirty Energy Bill
- Save the EPA
- Stop Trump attacks on EPA
- 2017 January-July political events
- Congressman Salud Carbajal opened new office in Santa Maria August 8, 2017.
- Joan Hartmann, SB County Supervisor, opens office in Santa Maria, August 29, 2017
- May 2, 2018 Carbajal and Ostrander Announce Legislation to Disclose Corporate Election Spending
- 800,000 Dreamers at risk!
- SOJOURNERS/Faith in Action
- TELL TRUMP NO WALL.
- TELL TRUMP TO PROTECT DREAMERS
- Big Lies about CA Single Payer Healthcare begins.
- STAND WITH PLANNED PARENTHOOD
- Take back the House in 2018. Donate $1.
- VOTE OUT 7 CA (R) REPS IN 2018
- CA HEALTH CARE FOR ALL SB562
- MEDICARE FOR ALL
- Negotiate prescription drug prices.
- Share your ACA story
- CALL ON BILLS TODAY!
- SIGN Environment
- SIGN Get Money out of Politics
- SIGN HEALTHCARE
- SIGN IMMIGRATION AND DACA
- SIGN Protect Funding
- SIGN RESIST and DESIST
- Discussion on November 2018 Propositions
- Don’t mess with Social Security
- Protect Meals on Wheels
- Protect Planned Parenthood
- Save SMCTV! Urge the Board of Supervisors to support the local public access station!
- SAVE the Arts and Humanities
- Stand with Planned Parenthood.
- Elect by Popular Vote
- GOP TAX PLAN
- Resist the NRA in all 50 states
- Revoke Jared Kushners Interim-Security Clearance.
- Stop false claims of voter fraud.
- GREEN POWER. BE AN ACTIVIST IN SANTA MARIA/SANTA BARBARA COUNTY
- Support 28th Amendment. Overturn Citizens United.