Return to SIGN HEALTHCARE
MEDICARE FOR ALL
The Affordable Care Act may be temporarily safe from GOP attack, but it still has problems that need to be solved, and Republicans will continue to chip away at the negatives to pass their own devastating bill. Democrats suffered in the 2016 election because they didn’t address and fix the problems.
Even if the ACA remains intact under Trump’s Republican Party, the Congressional Budget Office predicts that 28 million Americans will remain uninsured, a disproportionate number of whom are people of color. And millions more will continue to struggle with sky-high deductibles and co-pays that they can’t afford.
Democrats have a choice to make. They can do the bidding of corporate donors, or they can offer voters a real alternative that would provide universal access, reduce consumer costs and create a healthier country for everyone.
Permanent link to this article: https://santamariademocrats.info/petitions/healthcare/medicare-for-all/
In this section
REGISTER TO VOTE
Click here: Update/Register to vote
Shop on our Campaign 2020 online store for merchandise with free shipping. 30-50% of your purchase will be received by our Democratic Club by using our unique link:
Be a Volunteer! Support our 2020 Democratic Candidates.
Send us your information and we will contact you. The candidates appreciate your support, and WE thank you!
Welcome to our DCSMV Website
Notice: Due to the COVID-19 virus, meetings held at the IHOP are temporarily suspended until further notice. We will be checking our 805-349-2708 phone daily for messages. Renewal check payments can be mailed or dropped in the door slot at the headquarters, or use our ActBlue link with a credit card. Donations on our ActBlue link to help with campaigns are also always appreciated.
Temporarily cancelled: DCSMV meets the third Thursday of every month.
IHOP Restaurant, 202 S. Nicholson Ave. Santa Maria, 93454 (Freeway 101 and East Main Street)
GUESTS ARE WELCOME.
6:00 p.m. Social time and dinner (IHOP menu)
7:00 – 7:35 p.m. scheduled speakers.
DEMOCRATS: 7:40 p.m. General business meeting.
Call for office hours 1-805- 349-2708.
Headquarters at 327 E. Plaza Drive, #2, Santa Maria, CA 93454. Email us at Mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
2017-2018 Club Officers and Committee Chairpersons, see Home tab About Us, Club Officers. Leave name, phone number and messages on office phone.
JOIN OUR CLUB, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
2020 CALIFORNIA CALENDAR FOR GENERAL ELECTION:
GENERAL ELECTION, Tuesday, November 3, 2020:
– First Day Vote-By-Mail Ballots will be mailed Monday, October 5, 2020
– Close of Registration Monday, October 19, 2020
Verify and update your registration information on our home page link. Request a Vote By Mail ballot and vote early. VOTE BLUE!
Events with links to details.
- Candlelight vigil in Santa Maria, Sunday, 9/20/2020. CLICK ON IMAGE TO VIEW FULL POST. September 20, 2020
- Support BIDEN/HARRIS with yard and window signs, hats, mugs, magnets, and MORE! (Click on the image to view the full post) September 19, 2020
- Joe Biden Accepts the Democratic Nomination for President of the United States. August 21, 2020
- Joe Biden and Kamala Harris 2020!! August 12, 2020
- (Click to read full post) Temporarily closed, meetings suspended. Still available by phone, website, our Facebook page, and online monthly meetings. . June 16, 2020
- 2020 Endorsed Candidates November 3rd Ballot
- 1 – Click Here: Elect Joe Biden
- 2 – Click here: Re-Elect Salud Carbajal
- 3 – Click here: Elect Monique Limon
- 4 – Click here: Elect Dawn Addis
- 5 – Click here: Elect Osvaldo Sotelo, Santa Maria City Council, District 1
- 6 – Click Here: Elect Angie Marie Bolden, Santa Maria Joint Union High School District
- 7 – Click here: Elect Jennifer Melena, Santa Maria Joint Union High School District Board
- Click Here: Democratic Endorsed Candidates S.B. County-wide Nov. 3, 2020
- A Registration and Voting Guide
- CA Statewide Propositions
- CENSUS 2020
- COVID-19 Information Resources
- Do you know your Representatives?
- LEAVE US A MESSAGE
- Members Login
- PAGE SEARCH/LOCATOR
- 1 – About Us/Join DCSMV
- 1 Welcome to our DCSMV multilingual website.
- About Us, Hours & location, JOIN OUR CLUB, Meeting calendar, Election results
- 1. Contact Us
- 2. Join DCSMV Membership Form
- 3. Calendar of Club Meetings
- 4. Club Officers
- 5. Club Constitution and Bylaws
- 6. Club Service Area
- 7. Welcome Message, Mission Statement, Our Values, History
- 8. S. B. County Democratic Party Platform 2018
- ELECTION RESULTS November 6, 2018
- Other Santa Barbara County Democratic Clubs
- CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTATIVES
- 115th Congress – All States
- 2018 local Election Results
- CITY OF GUADALUPE REPRESENTATIVES
- CITY OF SANTA MARIA REPRESENTATIVES
- OTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
- Our STATE OF CALIFORNIA REPS- Governor, Senate, Assembly
- Our U. S. CONGRESS REPS-Senate and House
- SANTA BARBARA COUNTY SUPERVISORS
- WHITE HOUSE
- Democratic Party and other progressive websites.
- California Democratic Links
- Current News DCCC, Santa Barbara County Democratic Party, Local Democratic Clubs, Facebook, and Information Websites
- Other Democratic Party Links:
- Progressive Links
- Is Climate Change real?
- Local Newspaper Editor links
- Mueller Report
- Oil Proposals in Santa Barbara County
- Other Organizations Supported
- RESIST!! BE INVOLVED!
- 1 GUN CONTROL NOW!
- 27 National Monuments to protect
- 750 new Oil Wells proposed in Cat Canyon!!!
- BOYCOTT BUSINESSES
- CA Ban Fracking on California Central Coast
- Climate Change is a Survival Issue
- Climate change isn’t just political
- Corporations are NOT People
- DARK MONEY DONORS LISTS
- Update – AB 398 Passed July 2017. NO on AB 398 Cap & Trade
- The Trump-Ukraine Inquiry Impeachment Report (PDF)
- TOPICS MENU
- Democrat’s “Better Deal” for ALL Americans
- REPORT A SUSPICIOUS OIL LEAK OR SPILL
- S.B. County Youth Resource Guide, Other 2-1-1 County Services
- U.S. Government Websites
- Voting Rights Act of 1965
- What is the Green New Deal?
- 2 – MIXTECO/Indígena
- 4 – 2020 News and Election Updates
- 1 – November 3, 2020 local Democratic Endorsed Candidates
- 2 – 2020 Democratic Presidential Candidates
- 3 – CA Propositions on November 3, 2020 ballot
- 4 – 2020 Election Calendar in California
- 5 – Do you know your Representatives?
- 6 – March 3, 2020 Primary
- 6A – March 3 Primary Election Results/ Local District Endorsed Candidates
- 6B – Important notice for “No Party Preference” voters in the California March 3, 2020 Primary Election
- 6C – Who will be on the Santa Barbara County March 3, 2020 qualified candidate list?
- 6D – 2019 CA Democratic Party State Convention Endorsements
- 8 – View the ballot counting process for Santa Barbara County.
- 5 – Do You Know Your Representative?
- 6 – SMV Young Dems
- 7 – LOCAL ACTION ITEMS!!!
- 8 – Club Past and Future Events
- 9 – DCSMV endorses “SUPPORT OF RACIAL JUSTICE”
- 1 – About Us/Join DCSMV
- “Individually we are one drop. Together we are an ocean. ” – Ryunosuke Satoro
- Unity is Strength
- 1 Quick contact reference MOC’s
- 2 Assemblyman contact
- 3 Complete Directory of U.S. Congress
- AB-14/& SB 651 Fight Dark Money
- AB-165 Gov. search devices
- AB-424 Close loophole on firearms
- H.R. 356 Examine Russian interference
- H.R. 496 Protect immigrants
- H.R. 676 Single Payer Health Care Bill
- S 1460 Vote NO
- SB-30 Contracts for the Wall
- SB562 Health Care For All
- UPDATE – BILL PASSED AND SIGNED INTO LAW. NO on AB 398
- UPDATE-PASSED Sept 2017. SB54 CA Values Act, Sanctuary state
- YES ON HR 3671. Federal.
- 2) YES ON HR 3671
- 750 New Oil Wells proposed in Santa Barbara County. STOP!!
- CA A.G. Becerra and Exxon
- CA Stop Water Aquifer Exemptions. Protect California’s Water.
- CARRIZO PLAIN Central Coast PROTECT
- Elizabeth Warren, Condemn Trump Paris Agreement Withdrawal
- Greenpeace Petition EPA cuts
- No to U.S. Banks funding Keystone XL
- Protect 27 National Monuments
- Protect the Clean Power Plan to Fight Climate Change
- Renewable Energy 100%
- S 1460 REJECT the Trump-McConnell Dirty Energy Bill
- Save the EPA
- Stop Trump attacks on EPA
- 2017 January-July political events
- Congressman Salud Carbajal opened new office in Santa Maria August 8, 2017.
- Joan Hartmann, SB County Supervisor, opens office in Santa Maria, August 29, 2017
- May 2, 2018 Carbajal and Ostrander Announce Legislation to Disclose Corporate Election Spending
- 800,000 Dreamers at risk!
- SOJOURNERS/Faith in Action
- TELL TRUMP NO WALL.
- TELL TRUMP TO PROTECT DREAMERS
- Big Lies about CA Single Payer Healthcare begins.
- STAND WITH PLANNED PARENTHOOD
- Take back the House in 2018. Donate $1.
- VOTE OUT 7 CA (R) REPS IN 2018
- CA HEALTH CARE FOR ALL SB562
- MEDICARE FOR ALL
- Negotiate prescription drug prices.
- Share your ACA story
- CALL ON BILLS TODAY!
- SIGN Environment
- SIGN Get Money out of Politics
- SIGN HEALTHCARE
- SIGN IMMIGRATION AND DACA
- SIGN Protect Funding
- SIGN RESIST and DESIST
- Discussion on November 2018 Propositions
- Don’t mess with Social Security
- Protect Meals on Wheels
- Protect Planned Parenthood
- Save SMCTV! Urge the Board of Supervisors to support the local public access station!
- SAVE the Arts and Humanities
- Stand with Planned Parenthood.
- Elect by Popular Vote
- GOP TAX PLAN
- Resist the NRA in all 50 states
- Revoke Jared Kushners Interim-Security Clearance.
- Stop false claims of voter fraud.
- GREEN POWER. BE AN ACTIVIST IN SANTA MARIA/SANTA BARBARA COUNTY
- Support 28th Amendment. Overturn Citizens United.